Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Subscription Dungeon Magazines..

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Subscription Dungeon Magazines..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Adventurer's Press Archivist
View previous topic :: View next topic  

beasterbrook
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Subscription Dungeon Magazines.. Reply with quote

As some of you may or may not know, it seems that there were at east 3 issues of Dungeon Magazine (# 99, 101, 103) that were different, one that was sent to subscribers and the one that went on sale through the normal channels. Each of these issues has an an extra adventure in them, ie in between pages 34-35 there are 12 odd pages labled c1-c12 (memory) with the adventure on... Is anyone aware if they did anything else, ie other issues not mentioned, or tihngs on Dragon magazine at all??

Thanks

Brette:)

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unaware they did this for Dungeon. I will have to add it to my list of things to check when I get a chance to reorganize the closet (where bulk magazines are kept).

Chromatic-Knight
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mars wrote:
I was unaware they did this for Dungeon. I will have to add it to my list of things to check when I get a chance.

I was unaware of this also. Is there any way to tell the issues apart from their covers? Great tidbit!

Mike

Chromatic-Knight
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I actually have one of these (#103). The pages are numbered S1 thru S14.

Mike

beasterbrook
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No actual way to tell these apart, I think, although I only have the 3 issues in question near me, not the normal ones... I have know about these for awhile, just not followed up (not even a google!) , I suppose I should have cornered the market for these first;) LOL.. I'll keep that in mind for next time:)

Hmm.. I think I may post a want list so if you can help me with that we'll call it even:)

Brette:)

Edit: Looks like the only ones...

from http://forums.gleemax.com/archive/index.php/t-160067.html

Issue #101- (Subscriber section: Bonus map of mystery and “The Chasm Bridge” Monster Matrix card insert)
Prison of the Firebringer (FR: 13th) From the author of issue #86’s “Rana Mor’” this massive Forgotten Realms adventure takes the characters on a quest in the Silver Marches. A powerful evil force, long ago imprisoned by a cabal of wizards, seeks its vengeance against the realms.
The Chasm Bridge (Subscriber bonus: originally appeared in Dragon Issue #131; 7th) An important chasm crossing in the Underdark has been claimed as the territory of a power-hungry wizard. He has taken to charging exorbitant tolls to any who would cross the bridge. Either way they chose-pay or slay- the PC’s must pay the price. This D&D adventure is a Revised 3rd edition conversion of a module that originally appeared in Dragon #131.

Issue #103 (Erik Mona new editor; flip format eliminated; Polyhedron reported to be shrinking somewhat)
Glacial Inferno (7th) The evil wizard Huhueteotl’s flame mages threaten the Duchy of Urnst! Track the curs to their fiery lair, take a dip in liquid hot magma, and prepare yourselves for a chilling surprise.
Forest of Blood (FR: 5th) While relaxing at the Berlingford Sprin Faire, the heroes stop a pack of wild dogs form savaging innocent revelers. But these are just the latest in a long line of unnatural animal attacks. Investigation leads to a wide-ranging plot hatched in the depts. Of the treacherous Forest of Blood.
Sinkhole (Subscriber bonus: 4th) After a long day’s travel, the PCs take refuge in a safe little village inn of an honest night’s sleep. Fate intervenes when the inn falls into a deep self-sealing-sinkhole, and the heroes must help surviving patrons out of a complex cave system without accidentally stumbling into the Plane of Shadow.

I'm missing the matrix thing from 101, but I'm sure I have another one somewhere.. also doesn't list issue 99...

Chromatic-Knight
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to start looking for these. I am kinda confused why I only have the one. It was from my subscription, which I was sure I had way before issue 99. I may have to recheck these and make sure I didnt swap mine out with ones in better condition-they should still be around here somewhere.

If I can help with anything just let me know worship

Mike

edit: You have an issue 99 with subscriber only content and its not listed on gleemax? (just saw that)

Chromatic-Knight
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah here it is, sorry bout that -

Quote:
Issue #99- Dungeon Dressing set Issue #1
Quadrapartite (14th) A minion of chaos as come to the Prime Material Plane form the void of the Far Realms to terrorize and conquer in the name of its masters. The PC’s must act quickly to assemble a legendary artifact powerful enough to weaken the minion so it can be defeated.
Fish Story (Bonus Subscriber: 5th) Locathah have invaded, or so it seems. But why, after all these peaceful years, have the fish creatures abandoned their home? The PC’s must journey to the flooded village of Waterford and delve into the past to discover the cause of the current commotion and uncover the secret history of the region.
Phyx (C.Threat: choker CR 16) The drow train marvelous servants, but when one fo their minions grows a spine and escapes, it makes for a deadly encounter. The choker Phyx is just such and enemy. His assassin training combined with his natural choker abilities make him a potent foe.
Colossal Crypt (C.Threat: room) This tall chamber is composed of rings of ancient crypts. Do they hold the heroes of old? Or possibly the villains? Maybe the giant headless statue that serves as the crypt’s centerpiece holds the key.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Adventurer's Press Archivist All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: