Tome of Treasures :: View topic - I3 prints

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

I3 prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: I3 prints Reply with quote

I recently picked up a lot with a bunch of 1st Edition modules. I noticed that I now have 2 versions of I3 - one with blue maps on the inside covers and one with brown.

Interestingly enough I4 seems to have white with blue ink and I5 has brown maps. Does this suggest that perhaps the blue maps came first then a 2nd print did the brown maps?

Chromatic-Knight
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make sense. The earlier modules had the blue/white maps.

*That is also the sequence on the acaeum.

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The acaeum doesn't have a second print for I3. It makes me wonder if there is an I5 with blue maps as well.

I haven't been keeping different prints of TSR items but about 10 modules that I picked up with Dungeon of Necros ended up being prints that I don't have so I will probably keep them now.

Another question I have about prints is how much colour variation is there on covers? In a number of them the colour is much darker or lighter and in some cases (maybe N1 or B3) I have a copy that falls in the middle too.

cgould42
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My I5 has brown maps.

Speculation on my part but I would guess that when they printed I5 they also did a reprint of I3 at the same time to get the best production cost and the printer wound up using the same ink on both maps. If an I4 was found with brown maps it was probably part of the same printing group.

Cheers,
Curt

Chromatic-Knight
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mars wrote:
The acaeum doesn't have a second print for I3. It makes me wonder if there is an I5 with blue maps as well.

I haven't been keeping different prints of TSR items but about 10 modules that I picked up with Dungeon of Necros ended up being prints that I don't have so I will probably keep them now.

Another question I have about prints is how much colour variation is there on covers? In a number of them the colour is much darker or lighter and in some cases (maybe N1 or B3) I have a copy that falls in the middle too.

Maybe I am missing something, but I see 3 printings for I3 (including daystar) here:

http://acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/desert.html

All the I5s I have seen have the brown maps.

Generally the slight color variations of the covers has not been used to designate different printings. There are too many factors that can cause this and no way to put them in a sequence without other traits to seperate the printings. I am sure some of them are different printings.

Mike

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chromatic-Knight wrote:
Maybe I am missing something, but I see 3 printings for I3 (including daystar) here:

http://acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/desert.html

Ah, I didn't get to that page. I was looking at this one:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/i.html

and scrolled down to printing information where it says: "Only modules I1, I2, and I6 have distinguishable printings".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: