Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Palace of the Vampire Queen--warning/caution/new print/dope

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Palace of the Vampire Queen--warning/caution/new print/dope
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep
View previous topic :: View next topic  

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not much you can do to improve it. With this kind of item, most collectors would like it stay just as it is. You could buy another and build a 'nice' copy, but the print history of this item does not favor that approach. It's not like a regular TSR module or wargame with standardized parts. Completing an incomplete item with standardized parts has been an accepted practice in the gaming community for many years, but POTVQ does not have standardized parts. The best thing you can do is preserve it.

Please don't feel that your item is incomplete. There are several out there just like it--black folder, 23 pages, without the yellow page. It makes no sense that these copies all had just their yellow sheets misplaced.

coluha
Student
Student

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought it as incomplete without the copyright page, but i find out that it is most likely complete and only the yellow cover page is not present. Very Happy

i would not want a "married" collectible if possible, liking original pieced items also. i wanted to make sure it is an original copy (im no expert), even with the level 4 room chart not centered. that page does look authentic and no "flake-like" copy marks like those examples here. the "photocopy" area of that page is still a bit of a concern, like it was scanned off center. i wonder if offset printing can do this if a plate was slightly misaligned? i do not know the quality of paper used by WW but these appear close to printer paper nowadays just a little thicker and a light texture. it would be indistinguishable to me from regular paper if i had not looked very closely. it has all the mountain dew and coffee stains, yellow aging, minor tears, pencil marks, and discoloration of the other pages. i think that the condition describes me very well too!! Laughing so i probably wont invest in restoration yet.
actually my D&D group is looking forward to diving into this history with me and some characters! we are all very excited and i dont want that to be ruined by having a fake. looks like good fortune!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: