Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Opening the vaults: Pictures of D&D collections

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Opening the vaults: Pictures of D&D collections
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Opening the vaults: Pictures of D&D collections Reply with quote

For those of you who dare!

Please post pictures of your collections. We have already seen amazing things. I have a small collection myself and start with two pictures of my current collection. (If you post your pictures here, you allow us to host the images here at the Tome of Treasures for future reference. Meaning we will copy them to the TOT server.)

Hope to see some wonderful collections!

Main side

Left side

[/img]
Tome of Treasures - #1 resource for collectible role-playing games.

Last edited by Ralf Toth on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Plaag
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you actually have room on your shelves for more books Very Happy

ShaneG.

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaag wrote:
Wow you actually have room on your shelves for more books Very Happy

I know! I envy your available space:

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is truly floor to ceiling!

cgould42
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaming section.

Collecting section

Unfortunately a lot of my collection is boxed up. I look forward to eventually installing additional shelving to display more of it.

It is really great seeing images of other collections. I am inspired Very Happy

Cheers,
Curt

Last edited by cgould42 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeehaw! What an army of monsters! And I noticed the Macho Women with Guns Laughing Very nice is the brown box next to the white box next to the Sutherland box...

Very cool indeed! Cool

Also Mars' collection. Amazing.

For those of you who have storage problems: Send me your stuff to fill the gaps on my shelves. I'll take good care of it. Wink

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the copy of Moose Quest :)

beasterbrook
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my Fav posts! (Dragonfoot has a similar one) I can point at them and say to my partner and say "Look other people in this world just as insane as me!!" LOL..

Brette:)

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brette!

So no picture of your collection? Razz

Can you please post the link to the dragonsfoot thread?

Glgnfz
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here it is:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17923

... and i'd take a pic of my (im comparison veeeery small) collection if my daughter hadn't used all the batteries of my digital camera to take A LOT OF pictures playing "germany's next topmodel" with a friend. d'oh!

beasterbrook
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas no.. a pic of boxes in storage in not too impressive;) I haven't had my stuff displayed sine my last house (whish I did get a photo of... should have but thems the breaks) Have to wait till i buy or build the next one.. and actually getting it all out in the open will decide on the next house I by in a big way I think...

How about my DVD collection;) its the only thing that I have out really at the moment.. they are right beside my computer :)

Glgnfz
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey - where are your simpsons-dvds??? Cool

Chromatic-Knight
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great collections! It is always neat to see how other people collect and display their items.

Gotta start somewhere :

Shelving I built when we moved into the new house.
Newest shelving - just completed:

No collection picture for now, due to it being piled around my desk while building.

grodog
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: grodog's demesne Reply with quote

You guys are way more organized than I am....

Hrmph: sorry about the large picture sizes forcing scrolling (hopefully your web browser will minimize the image sizes??).

This pic (above) is to show off my wife's "dust guard/make the gaming stuff look less ugly in our bedroom" tapestries; there's one on each of the two 48"x80" bookshelves in the room.

My modern rpgs shelf (same one picture above, just with the tapestry rod removed, which is what I usually need to do while looking for a title). This includes my Call of Cthulhu, Ars Magica, RuneQuest, Star Wars, 3.5/d20 stuff (mostly WotC and NG), Fading Suns, and White Wolf Storyteller stuff (mostly 1e WW, some 2e I suppose).

This is the opposite wall of the room, to help share the awesome disarray of my stuff Embarassed ---some of which is caused by the various baby boxes in front of the gaming stuff in front of the fireplace (the picture is sitting on the fireplace lintel), but I just haven't made the time to get it as organized as I need to yet. I do have another week of paternity leave coming up, though, so I'm hoping to make some good headway then.

The above two are some of the boxes in front of the fireplace, and the table between the fireplace and the other bookshelf.

These two are the bookshelf at the right-hand side of our bed (my side). This is where some of the non-TSR D&D is (top shelf), most of the rarer non-TSR stuff, my AD&D stuff, and the Greyhawk campaigning binders, RJK/EGG correspondence/manuscripts/etc.

These are views into our turret room, which is on the front of our house, and off of our bedroom; we'd originally envisioned this room being a baby nursery, but it's been storage since we moved in. There are 4 standard-sized bookshelves along the right wall, and lots of boxes piled around in front. Many TSR boardgames and other misc. boardgames I don't want in the kids' reach in the basement are here too. The shelf closest to the window has gaming magazines, the next shelf has one shelf of overflow magazines, and three shelves of my HPL and related fiction (the rest of my regular fiction bookshelves are also in the basement); the next shelf is Moorcock stuff; the final shelf was supposed to be Neil Gaiman stuff, but got taken over by various and sundry medicines, shampoos, tissues, and other extended-bathroom supply stuff since our bedroom bathroom is pretty small and has essentially zero storage. So, the Gaiman books are boxed up on the floor, along with all of my miniatures, a few boxes of AH/misc. wargames, and some other bric-a-brac.

These last three pics are the HPL and MM shelves.
grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
http://www.black-blade-publishing.com/

Last edited by grodog on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:28 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

cgould42
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The custom shelving looks great! I need to figure out how to install something like that. Unfortunately I failed DIY101 so a contractor may need to be involved. Wink

Cheers,
Curt

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan, I copied your pictures to our webserver and fixed the image size. Organization is important for my collection. I like giving it a structure and doing a little reorganization now and then. To me, it's part of the joy of collecting.

beasterbrook
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glgnfz wrote:
hey - where are your simpsons-dvds??? Cool

Second pic in the top middle.. only the first 5 seasonss I'm afraid (get around to the others some time) They are all in alphabetical order so its easy to find...

Brette:)

grodog
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralf Toth wrote:
Allan, I copied your pictures to our webserver and fixed the image size.

Thanks Ralf Very Happy

Ralf Toth wrote:
Organization is important for my collection. I like giving it a structure and doing a little reorganization now and then. To me, it's part of the joy of collecting.

I agree completely: not being able to find something drives me nuts, so getting organized is pretty high on my to-do list a) to know where things are properly, and b) to get some spares/etc. sold for real (vs. just talking about it Very Happy for another 3 years!).
grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
http://www.black-blade-publishing.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Adding Scribe's Tower of Madness Reply with quote

Here we are in front of Scribe mansion. It is a three story 16 room Edwardian beauty. We picked it up for a song 7 years ago now. This little village has been stuck in a some kind of freakish timewarp. But in 5 quick years the village has done an about face. Lots of city folk have bought in the area since interest rates bottomed out and September 11th made some people want to cash out their equity in the city and move somewhere simple.

Take note of the small window near the peak at the front of the house. That shall be the Scribe's Den of madness.

Here is the view of the side of the house. They have ripped down the old garage that was next to our lot and have been using the lot for staging the new bridge work across the street. hence the large crane in the lot. It kinda messes with the sense of scale. That crane is really really huge.

This picture illustrates the Turret or the Tower of the Mad Scribe. This is the third floor at the back of the house with the vaulted roof. Also the chimney placement will give you a sense of placement with respect to some later pictures.

I threw this in a bit of a diversion from the topic. This is some of my handy work in the house. I am just completing a full overhaul of the existing pantry/pass through in our kitchen on the first floor. I stripped all of the paint and sanded the doors. I replaced the interior shelves with very heavy lumber to resist warpage. I replaced all of the hardware, refitted all the doors and drawers, and painted. I also added the nifty floral scroll work that copies another piece of furniture of ours that will be in the master suite. Finally, I added an undercabinet light to accent the piece. A lot of work! Truth be told I could have built the TSR NonGaming section in the amount of time I invested in this piece. Plus had several hundred dollars to buy some items as well. Embarassed It really sucks being old and responsible. duh

Here is the tiny staircase leading from the second floor to the tower on the third floor. I am currently sanding, stripping, and reconditioning all of the woodwork through out the house. The marred up woodwork is from years of abuse and neglect by the previous owners.

UPDATE: Need to add pictures here shortly. The steps have been stripped and are ready for the final sanding. The next pictures of the ceiling in the turret are also behind the curve. I have nearly completed cladding the ceiling with a clear pine tongue and groove layer. I will try to add some shots soon.

Here we are heading up the stairs. The walls have been plastered and screened to prevent cracks. I will be treating the paint on these walls to look like a burnished leather or similar. The steps will be two toned natural wood treads with dark kicks.

As you head up the stairs you can look up into the turret room and begin to understand the height of the ceiling. I removed the existing ceiling and framed/sheetrocked the vaulted portion of the roof line to open it up. Previously the ceiling was flat and located just above the windows. Eventually I will line the dark joists you see with a nice heavy millwork and hang a very large chandelier from the peak.

Here is a view from the turret looking back toward the front of the house and the river. There is a similar view of the river from the Den of the Scribe from the small window seen in the first picture of the outside of the house. Notice the new bridge being erected next to the old one. We really love the old one and have been very depressed that they are replacing it.

here is a view of the backyard from the other side of the turret. We made this little garden a few years ago and haven't had time to develop it further. I have a whole landscape construction plan if I ever pull together some time and money.

Now, here is the door leading to the Scribe's den of madness from within the tower. nevermind all of the stacks of garbage piled around. We have been too busy to be too organized.

The door is barely a full 4 foot tall and it feels really odd compared to the vaulted height of the ceiling in the turret.

NOTE: You wont see any pictures of my collection because they resemble that pile of boxes in the middle of this room. Embarassed I probably wont be organizing it onto shelves until the den is complete.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part II -- From within the Den at the Scribe's Tower.

This is immediately what you see while standing within the 4ft entrance. I already removed the old noxious insulation and put new plywood on the floors. The ceiling is merely the roof itself. Eventually I shall hang a ceiling from this and line the vaulted walls with some kind of shelves for the Scribes Treasures.

Notice the chimney in the room in relationship to the picture of the exterior. This area has the highest ceiling and will eventually accommodate the desk and computer.

Here is another shot from within the room. To the left you begin to see the other side peaks of the roof line. They make for small areas but I intend to utilize them for additional storage and an AC unit to keep the treasures cool in the summer.

Further into the room you see the window that is visible from the exterior picture.

I included this picture to show that I have the plumbing from the basement to the Attic all ready to go. I will be putting a toilet in to the opposite side of the chimney. With a small sink for basic cleanup. Also I will place a radiator in this room on its own heating zone for when I am using the room. Ready to go is all of the electricity/phone/cable lines. Add in a refrigerator and I will never have to leave the Den Rock out .....much to the aggrieved disapproval of my family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: