Tome of Treasures :: View topic - The Spartan Vol 1 No 3, April 1968

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

The Spartan Vol 1 No 3, April 1968

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Federation of Wargaming (IFW) -> International Wargamer 1960's (IFW)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: The Spartan Vol 1 No 3, April 1968 Reply with quote

Title: The Spartan, vol. 1 no. 3, April 1968
Type: Wargaming Club zine
Copyright: n/a
Place of Publication: n/a
Printer: n/a
Cover Price: n/a
Mass: 18g
Dimensions: Height 27.9cm, Width 21.6cm, Depth .1cm
Format: Full sized, 8 pages printed front and back. 1 staple.

Rear Cover:

=====================================

Scribe's Musings:

This is one of two issues in my collection. I am missing a few others from this year so it is difficult for me to piece together what is happening with the publication. There is talk in this issue of The Spartan merging with Panzerfaust to combine efforts. The idea is put forth for the membership to vote on via mail. Apparently the idea was voted down as both publications continued on their way.

There is very little offered in the way of credits or publication details. There aren't even authors listed for most of the articles aside from Gygax's latest chess variant but even it is apparently edited over and written by someone else. I assume Scott Duncan might have written pretty much everything.

There is mention of two upcoming conventions in this issue. One being in New York and another in Lake Geneva. The Lake Geneva convention was scheduled for August 24th at the Horticultural Hall in Lake Geneva, WI. Contact is Gary Gygax. This is the premiere year for the Lake Geneva Convention that continues to run today annually as Gen Con.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Wargamer 1960's (IFW) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: