Tome of Treasures :: View topic - International Wargamer, vol. 5 no. 2 (February 1972)

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

International Wargamer, vol. 5 no. 2 (February 1972)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Federation of Wargaming (IFW) -> International Wargamer 1970's (IFW)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: International Wargamer, vol. 5 no. 2 (February 1972) Reply with quote

Title: International Wargamer, vol. 5 no. 2, February 1972
Type: Wargaming Club zine
Copyright: By the International Federation of Wargaming, February 1972
Managing Editor-in-Chief: John Bobek
Consulting Editors: Don Featherstone, Gary Gygax, Lenard Lakofka, Thomas Shaw
Personnel Director: Tony Adams
Art Editor: Donald Lowry
Illustrations: Don Lowry (cover), John Bobek, Mark Nyderek, Lenard Lakofka
Production & Publication Editor: Lenard Lakofka
Assistant Editors: Lenard Lakofka, Charles O'Drobinak, Gerald White, Jack Van Schaik, Kevin Slimak, Jon Pickens, Tim Tilson, Jay Richardson, Richard Warnick, Pat Mayernik
Contributing Editors: David Arneson, Ken Burke, Peter Danner, Stuart Gilbert, Mike Reese, Mark Irwin, Sid Jolly, Paul Jameson, Don Lowry, Henry Krigsman, Jim Dapkus, Pat Mayernik, Carl Mueller, George Phillies, Mike Carr, Rich Warnick, Tom Webster, Lou Zocchi, Jay Richardson, Pat Romane, A.W. Macintyre, John Lundstrom, Frank Curtis, Jeff Perrin, Rusty Smyth, Stephen Thomas, Leon Tucker, Lewis Pulsipher, George Lord, Bruce Miller, Willard Lichty, Larry Albert, James Lurvey, J.E. Pournelle PhD, Arnold J. Hendrick, Robert Mijanovich, Lenard Lakofka, Tyrone Bomba, Dan Ralston, E. Gary Gygax
Place of Publication: Evansville, Indiana
Printer: Lowry's Hobbies
Cover Price: $.60
Mass: 66g
Dimensions: Height 28cm, Width 21.6cm, Depth .2cm
Format: Full sized, Light cardstock cover (medium pea-green), 24 pages including covers printed front and back, 3 staples.

Contents:
Blunders and a Miracle, the Winter of 1942-43. by J.E. Pournelle PhD
Design Forum; Russo Japanese War, TSUSHIMA. by Larry Albert
ARES, part 2 of a complete game. by Leon Tucker
Field Training Exercise. by Richard Warnick
Napoleonic Grand Tactics; SPAIN. by Pat Mayernik
LUFTWAFFE Additions. by Bob Mijanovich
Operation Iceberg. by Bruce Miller
IW Reviews; Napoleon at Waterloo. by Tyrone Bomba
IW Review; GUERRILLA WAR, Simulations 60's. by Tim Kirkpatrick
IW Review; Von Richthofen and Brown. by Bob Mijanovich
The Flaw in SEAPOWER III. by Jim Dapkus
Broadsides, part 6. by George Lord
The Mongols in Europe (reprinted -- Domesday Bk). by Rick Crane
How I Won the Game of ALESIA as the Romans. by Tom Webster

Advertisements of interest:
Diplo Con V and West Coast I (basic briefing of the years convention events. Mentions Chainmail to be played at IFW's Chicago I)
Lamo-Lem Battle Prints (art prints of tanks and such out of California)
The Courier (Wargaming magazine subscription ad touting itself as America's Best Wargaming Magazine)
Surface Warship (naval game. Contact is Arnold J. Hendrick out of Massuchusetts)

Rear cover:

=====================================

Scribe's Musings: A couple of things caught my eye throughout this issue. One would be the intended inclusion of Guidon Game's Chainmail at Chicago Con I which is an IFW sponsored sub-convention at the yet to be named The International Game Show slatted for the end of July. Within the next couple of issues the printer will have changed from Don Lowry's (Guidon Games) printing shop in Indiana to a printing shop in Chicago under the direction of Lenard Lakofka. I would also like to point out that Chainmail is not mentioned again leading up to the convention date in spite of several ads in various IWs.
Secondly, was mention of and reprint of article from the Domesday Book 9. This article is....The Mongols in Europe (reprinted -- Domesday Bk). by Rick Crane. The article is essentially a historical background of Genghis Khan's Mongolian war machine and the campaign in Europe circa 1200 AD. This appears to be a completely historical survey for the purpose of wargaming exclusively. Missing would be anything fantastical as at least I would suspect from that Society.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Wargamer 1970's (IFW) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: