Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Telengard

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Telengard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> RPG General Provisioner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

harami
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Rare historic 1982 Avalon Hill game TELENGARD Reply with quote

Note aside... A nice "museum" copy, but still seems like high $ for a late (1985) PC version given that graphical CRPGs were hardly a new idea for home computers even back in 1982; the AD&D licenses with Cloudy Mountain and the ubiquitous Treasure of Tarmin were around by then, long after the likes of Temple of Apshai, Ultima (Akalabeth) & Wizardry.
By 1982, the PC magazines over here were giving away free listings for such RPGs; e.g. http://www.robsons.org.uk/archive/www.classicgaming.com/studio2/valley/valley.htm . Had great fun expanding that one owing to its modular nature (also available on tape for PET or TRS-80 for those who couldn't be bothered typing Wink).

n.b. IIRC Telengard was also first released on the PET in 1982, not the C64 contrary to that eBay listing.

d.

Ralf Toth
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David I moved your reply over here, the Auction Data forums should only be used for posting final results. Use the open forum for discussing the items or later we won't find anything again in the Auction Data forums.

Here's Kynan's original post for reference:

tfm wrote:
8-16-07 ebay M $152.51

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320146306857&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

Telengard was one of the first computer-based role-playing games.

Personally I do not think the item was overpriced. It's rare and in this condition all the video game collectors wanted to have it. I'm really glad tfm was able to win it so now we can host it on this website later.
Tome of Treasures - #1 resource for collectible role-playing games.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies to those involved. It is my area of responsibility and I have not posted guidelines for forum use. I will try to do this sooner than later. The ToT Data Auction forums were not conceived of to be a discussion about the items presented there. It is merely a place to deposit real auction data for the items for future reference.

It is even lesser known information that kynan would like to initiate a museum one day to the benefit and celebration of the rpg genre. This is something that I would like to commend and hope that it makes it to fruition and be able to personally help in some way. And that copy is indeed in fine condition toward that hopeful purpose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> RPG General Provisioner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: