Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Utilizing the Research Forums

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Utilizing the Research Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beyondthebreach
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Utilizing the Research Forums Reply with quote

Well, if you've looked over the site, you have probably noticed many threads and many forums and sub-forums. This serves an ideal purpose in creating pemanent, individual Research Threads, but it has the drawback of being a little "overwhelming" at times.

Here are some tips to best utilize the site and what it has to offer (and to see what you can offer yourself, if you are interested).

- If you use the Search Feature, you can select specific words to search and have all your results returned. Are you interested in items Jim Roslof did the art for? Type in Roslof and get your results,

- Don't forget to "View Posts since you last visit" on the top right of the forum page which will help to narrow down new posts (something that I have only just begun doing - 5 years and I never realized that forums had that feature - shows how well I pay attention!!! Very Happy )

- If you'd made some contributions and would like to point them out to others, feel free to post on this "New Additions to the Research Forums" sticky located here: New Additions

- Of course, most of the above info can be found by reading the Research Forum guidelines on the Using the Research Forums thread, but I know there are a lot of different posts to scroll through, so I thought I'd summarize it in the Borderlands Keep.

- Finally, though we do have guidelines on posting, feel free to have a little "fun". If you are really into something and want to make it a bit more interactive you can do something like this:

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I made a product list at the bottom and linked to each thread I created so that someone could easily jump to different items . . . of course I didn't finish them all as shortly thereafter I decide to work on the archives . . . but that's another story.

. . . And if you are really excited about something and want to take it a step further than the Research Forums, feel free to discuss it with the Site Admins (though the fleshing out the Research Forums first it a good place to begin! )

"Yes . . . it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Town Crier All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: