Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Identifying AD&D 2nd Edition Prints

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Identifying AD&D 2nd Edition Prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beyondthebreach
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Identifying AD&D 2nd Edition Prints Reply with quote

I am sure others have seen this themselves, but I thought I would point out some factors for identifying 2nd Edition Prints. Some general characteristics that seem to follow through from earlier to later:

- Angled TSR Logo (states "Products of your Imagination")

- Gold TSR Logo (states "Products of your Imagination")

- Gold TSR Logo (No longer uses "Products of your Imagination")

- Gold Logo (Beginning of Trademarks - Dungeon Master, DM, Monstrous Manual, etc. are trademarked. When these words are used, they now have the "TM" after them - even in the back cover summary).

- Some items are now "Registered Trademarks". For instance, Monstrous Compendium followed by Monstrous Compendium "TM" followed by Monstrous Compendium with the Registered "R".

- TSR Dragon Logo

- Beginning of Advertisements on flyleaves. Early ones have Council of Wyrms box set and Dragon Mountain Set . . . later ones have the Night Below box set. There may be others . . .

- WotC is listed on the back cover as the publisher.

Other factors are the inclusion of Canadian and UK prices (happend sometime during the Gold Logo period). Also, UPC code gets expaned during the Gold logo period.

"Yes . . . it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> TSR Borderlands Keep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: