Tome of Treasures :: View topic - 5020 The Iron Wind (1980)

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

5020 The Iron Wind (1980)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Iron Crown Enterprises -> Loremaster
View previous topic :: View next topic  

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: 5020 The Iron Wind (1980) Reply with quote

Title: The Iron Wind
Item Code: n/a
Type: Generic fantasy module
Copyright: 1980 by Iron Crown Enterprises
Authors: Peter C. Fenlon Jr., Stephen E. Moffatt, Olivia H. Johnston, Terry K. Amthor, Heike Kubasch, and S. Coleman Charlton
Artwork: Peter C. Fenlon Jr., Richard H. Britton, and Terry K. Amthor Place of Publication: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Format: 68 page stapled softcover
ISBN: n/a
Cover Price: n/a
Mass: 238g
Dimensions: length 27.9cm, width 21.9cm, thickness .5cm
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Printed by Kaminer & Thomson Inc.

Last edited by tfm on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Item Code: n/a
Type: Generic fantasy module
Copyright: 1980 by Iron Crown Enterprises
Authors: Peter C. Fenlon Jr., Stephen E. Moffatt, Olivia H. Johnston, Terry K. Amthor, Heike Kubasch, and S. Coleman Charlton
Artwork: Peter C. Fenlon Jr., Richard H. Britton, and Terry K. Amthor Place of Publication: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Format: 68 page stapled softcover
ISBN: n/a
Mass: 230g
Dimensions: length 27.9cm, width 21.9cm, thickness .5cm

Additional image:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The only difference between this print and the one above is the cover. Everything else appears the same. The description inside the cover suggests that a 24" x 36" poster map was forthcoming by the spring of 1981, but the status seems unclear. This one also says Printed by Kaminer & Thomson Inc.

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Item Code: #LM 5020
Type: Rolemaster fantasy module
Copyright: 1984 by Iron Crown Enterprises, 2nd edition
Authors: Peter C. Fenlon Jr. and Terry K. Amthor
Artwork: Chris White, Peter Fenlon, Peter C. Fenlon, Charles Peale, Richard H. Britton, and Terry K. Amthor
Place of Publication: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Format: 54 page stapled softcover, glossy
ISBN: 0-915795-23-X (title page) 9-915795-23-X (rear cover)
Mass: 154g
Dimensions: length 27.9cm, width 20.9cm, thickness .3cm

Additional image:

This printing has been updated with Rolemaster stats, new information, and new artwork. Now printed by Spencer Printing Company.

Beyondthebreach
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of Iron Wind (1st print) has the "hits" of damage blacked out on pages 4-5. This is for number 3) , 22) , 26) and 41).

There are no other signs of writing or marks anywhere else in the book. Is this something that I.C.E. did prior to distribution or did the owner of this book do it? Could someone check their copy? Thanks!

"Yes . . . it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked both my first and second printings and neither has the blacking-out of hits. I've seen several tan covers and I don't recall seeing a blacking-out of information. In the green cover, which reads more like a second edition that has been rewritten, the sentence from #3 "Once the first person steps on the floor halfway down the hall, the ceiling shall collapse, yielding 10-100 hits of damage, and an 'E' crush critical" has been replaced by "Once the first person steps on the floor halfway down the hall, the ceiling collapses, yielding 1-10 Fall/Crush attacks, each at +50."

With Iron Crown rules, the updated damage is much more lethal than the 10-100 hits. It's possible that you have an editor's copy but it's more likely that a DM altered the adventure. As far as I know the first print wasn't distributed that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Loremaster All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: