Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Sellers beware

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Sellers beware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Market Square
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TheShield
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Sellers beware Reply with quote

Ok, this is the kind of post I hate reading (so you can imagine how I feel when I'm writing it), but I suppose a warning should be sent to sellers anyway.

A bit of background, first : US has The Eastern Treasure Chest, UK has Cougie, here in France we have guydrin_avalon. I crossed his way about a year and half ago, when I won an Holmes basic set from him, for a very low price. Probably too low, because he never sent the box, giving me the usual lame excuses we've all heard in this situation. I finally claimed my money back from paypal, and left neg feedback, in July 2008. I think it was still possible to leave a neg feedback to a buyer, but he did not retaliate. End of the story, I thought. Wrong...

Fourteen months later, a few weeks ago, I started to sell pieces of my collection on ebay. You may have heard of it... The two coloring books were won by an ebayer unknown to me, kanwulf_le_viking. He paid instantly by paypal, I posted the books (yes, without tracking) and left positive feedback the next day. I regret I didn't even look at the bidding history. I would have seen that the second highest bidder was guydrin, and maybe I would have remembered that guydrin lives in the same place than my winner. Considering this place is as crowded as a swamp in Florida, I may, finally, have suspected that something weird was cooking.
I did nothing of that, and the rest of the story is obvious. Claim for unreceived item, neg feedback, and paypal dispute that he will easily win, as I have no tracking.

The short version now : cautious sellers should consider adding guydrin_avalon and kanwulf_le_viking to their blacklist.

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know, but you got off light. The Ciro/Danilo equation cost me an ST1. What really pissed me off about it was that Paypal knew what the screw formula was in Italy at the time--leave the item in customs, claim it wasn't received, get the refund and get the item. The US Marshal I spoke to had me enter their names and info into the FBI's efraud database, but that's all I could do. He'll get the fat lip if I ever see him.

Rifter
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFM, can't you drain your Paypal acct and leave nothing for them to steal from you? If I ever sell anything "large" I will do this: Sell the item, immediately move all $$$ from my Paypal until feedback is left (assuming there's a happy ending), then reload my Paypal. I worry too much about getting screwed... I also insure everything! You'd be surprised (or probably not) how many asshats will claim "damages" hoping for some kind of kickback and then when it's revealed to them that you insured the item you never hear from them again or all of a sudden the item miraculously recovered... Youd be amazed who tries to pull this stuff Wink

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened during a time when Paypal payers could reverse their payments, and he did. Paypal put a negative balance in it.

We have all learned a lot since then.

I collect motorcycles now and I'm a lot happier.Very Happy

Rifter
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are cool Cool Just don't ship any to Italy!

Be careful as well...

argyrebasin
Student
Student

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bikes!! I sold a Harley on eBay and was fortunate enough to close the deal with a legit buyer that showed up in person. Paid cash too. One good experience anyway!
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Market Square All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: