Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Ink

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Ink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Brushstrokes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rifter
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Ink Reply with quote

What are you doing with your B/W inks and pencil drawings?
I have been picking them up here and there and now it's like I'm wondering what to do about displaying them d'oh! I really have little wall space at this point in time. Things continue to get worse on that front...
I do have a nice big book with wax paper that I can slip drawings into (even small paintings for that matter) but then they sit there in a big book and put away unseen. I was thinking about putting together some type of collage and framing several of them together but that would be a headache. Although it might be a cool concept to do if it came out right...
This is becoming a problem situation for me...

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. If you cruise the auctions regularly, you will see there are probably opportunities to buy as many as a dozen or so inks and lesser paintings during the course of a month. One can amass 60-70 pieces with little investment over a year's time. Stick with this for 5-6 years and you are talking about many hundred individual works in your possession. Framing is almost not an option as the cost of the framing would outstrip the price of the art in many cases. Putting them up on the walls is an even larger problem with the shortage of space (and cooperation from your significant other).

They do make some nice archival portfolio's for these items. They can all be stored in what amounts to a book for easy use and storage from time to time. I think what we do with this stuff is great. Maybe some day, they will all find their way into a museum where they really belong. Until then, us collectors are the best stewards for their safety and preservation.

Rifter
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try and frame them. Wish me luck... I think the upside with Inks is that you can use a standard frame with all of them. Maybe different matting to change it up.

Yeah, some of the art doesn't seemingly justify the $$$ to frame but I suppose it's one of those "what is art really worth" deals Wink Some stuff I'm attached to and others not so much... Looking at what I have right now there's some stuff that I like a lot more and it cost me a lot less $$$.

I will inevitably run out of room to hang everything but I'll confront that probelm when it has to happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Brushstrokes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: