Tome of Treasures :: View topic - How to request a Valuation?

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

How to request a Valuation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> RPG General Provisioner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CorPse
Cataloguer
Cataloguer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: How to request a Valuation? Reply with quote

Hey Gang,

First time poster... and amazed it took so long to find the Tome!

In any case, I've got a newbie question...

I see that there's a list of valuations, but is it possible to ask for a valuation for a particular item not listed (yet)?

I'm always running into weird stuff, and I stumbled across a Pandora's Dice Wheel by Pandora's Treasures (comes in a somewhat plainer box than the one that sold on eBay recently).

Where would I go to ask about it?

Thanks, and please forgive my newness...

cP

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is good. There were two PDWs that I know of. The one that was on ebay is a later version. The earlier one is a different color. You could probably get between $100-$150 for it, more if two collectors really want it.

CorPse
Cataloguer
Cataloguer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good to know... thank you.

I'm always stumbling across unusual RPG stuff. (Thrifts, weird back corners of forgotten stores, etc.)

I can't tell you how excited I am to have found a community that knows waaaay more about it than I do. I've picked up a thing or two over the years, but clearly I've got a lot to learn.

cP

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each one us who has posted here has some item or items that they know something about. For example, the D&D white box is harami's territory because nobody has done more looking into it and comparing it just as Mars is the Ragnarok guy.

Please feel free to pepper us with questions. We'll provide the best responses we can.

CorPse
Cataloguer
Cataloguer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I have officially obtained not one, but two of these little babies...

They both come in their original (plain) box with what appears to be all of the original bits of paper.

One looks like the version that's viewable elsewhere here at the Tome. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way it sheared off of its base. The break is clean and doesn't effect the spinning action of the wheel. I'm thinking about asking my wife, a craftsperson, to repair it with a little skillfully applied superglue. (I'd like to point out that I would never resell such an item w/o expressly mentioning that it's been repaired.)

The other version has a white base and wheel. I've started to think of it as the "White Album" Dice Spinner. I haven't seen another like it online. It's in perfect condition. I guess I'll post some images... maybe in a new thread. And if I get off my booty, perhaps I can set it up for eBay this weekend.

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you repair and sell an item, make sure you put that in your description, or leave it as is. Some collectors out there would want it to stay unrepaired because that's closer to the original condition.

The other PDW sounds interesting. In this game it's basically pointless to fix a print run on anything because the data pool changes constantly. What we're shooting for here is the placement of an item. Does it fit between two points or come before or after? What are the indicators? If you have a different example, please add it to the indicated thread. That way it will enrich and teach everyone.

CorPse
Cataloguer
Cataloguer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfm wrote:
If you repair and sell an item, make sure you put that in your description, or leave it as is. Some collectors out there would want it to stay unrepaired because that's closer to the original condition.

The other PDW sounds interesting. In this game it's basically pointless to fix a print run on anything because the data pool changes constantly. What we're shooting for here is the placement of an item. Does it fit between two points or come before or after? What are the indicators? If you have a different example, please add it to the indicated thread. That way it will enrich and teach everyone.

Very good point about the repair... perhaps I should just leave it as is and let the collector decide if they want to glue it back together... I'll certainly add the white version to the thread with the other two PDWs...

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valuations are always a tough thing with items such as this. They come up very infrequently so you don't know who's going to spot it and want it that week. There was another sold a year or so ago (deadlord's auction). It sold pretty cheap around $30.

From my chat with Bob Liddil, he mentioned that there was a more limited dice wheel made of wood and metal as well. Who thought it would be so popular to require a bunch of different models.

CorPse
Cataloguer
Cataloguer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mars wrote:
Valuations are always a tough thing with items such as this. They come up very infrequently so you don't know who's going to spot it and want it that week. There was another sold a year or so ago (deadlord's auction). It sold pretty cheap around $30.

From my chat with Bob Liddil, he mentioned that there was a more limited dice wheel made of wood and metal as well. Who thought it would be so popular to require a bunch of different models.

I also noticed mention of the wood & metal one. I've yet to see one in the wild, but, well, if you live long enough...

I agree about the valuation. I generally have good luck with auctions, but I spend a fair amount of time trying to get the word out there.

Also, I've noticed that Europeans and Canadians have become my best customers since the old USD has been slipping... being sure they have confidence in the shipping has really helped my bottom line.

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There was another sold a year or so ago (deadlord's auction). It sold pretty cheap around $30.

That was the same one I just sold.

Quote:
I've noticed that Europeans and Canadians have become my best customers

Aussie customers are good too. Shipping to Canada has actually gone down.

FYI: If you have anything really valuable to list, only take Paypal from customers with an address confirmed by Paypal. Otherwise you risk the 'it never arrived' play.

beasterbrook
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfm wrote:
Quote:
There was another sold a year or so ago (deadlord's auction). It sold pretty cheap around $30.

That was the same one I just sold.

Quote:
I've noticed that Europeans and Canadians have become my best customers

Aussie customers are good too. Shipping to Canada has actually gone down.

FYI: If you have anything really valuable to list, only take Paypal from customers with an address confirmed by Paypal. Otherwise you risk the 'it never arrived' play.

The aussie dollar hit 98cents the other day, the highest its been since the dollar was floated.. its now around 97 cents.. parity not too far away...

Brette:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> RPG General Provisioner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: