Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Pricing on Tome of Treasures

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Pricing on Tome of Treasures

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cen_Stage_Hobbies
Student
Student

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Pricing on Tome of Treasures Reply with quote

What an interesting site! I really like all of the data you've collected on each AD&D item.

My only question is - who did the pricing? If anybody wants to sell me huge collections using your prices at NM, then be advised to start PMing me with collection lists.

I think the pricing is EXTREMELY low....

How are the prices gathered? Is there a Valuation Board, such as the one utilized on The Acaeum?

Just curious. And if these prices on ToT are indeed correct, than I am paying WAY too much for my AD&D collectibles. Rock out

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the same observation when I came aboard! Actually, Ralf and Adam put most of the values in a long time ago, so most are antiquated. The best value data we have can be found in the ToT Auction Data section of the forums.

Oh, and thanks! We're just getting started.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a site with a price guide is very important to some of the admin staff here at the Tome. Price expressions are something that needs to be done thoughtfully as you fairly point out. With that being said, there are lots of parts to the team here that are doing our best to set forth the vision of the site and supporting one another on common goals. It is an imperfect venture to be certain.

We have developed an auction database area for recording hard ending prices to certain rare and very rare collectibles. This is a user driven area that will eventually be upgraded to work with the values on the site more dynamically. Until then, we want to hold onto these results for good. By all means, please help if you think we can do this better. The best way is to start plugging real auction values into the database so that it can be added to the system down the road, as well as serve as an area for the visitors to look now at accurate ending amounts no longer available on ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> OT Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: