Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Listings

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Listings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> RPG General Provisioner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Plaag
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Listings Reply with quote

You know, looking at my Heroic Worlds book, why isn't there a bunch of blank topics created for every item that the book lists on here. Everyone could then fill in information if they have it. Just a thought.

ShaneG.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are trying to work forward or backwards as it were, depending on your viewpoint. If you have those items or a catalog with a list of items, placeholders could always be added and filled in later as you suggest.

One problem with Heroic Worlds is that some items aren't even confirmed to exist to my knowledge. Another problem with Heroic World's lists is, well, its his list. You know what I mean? Sooner or later we will surpass the limitations of his list and hopefully most others for that matter. If we all keep plugging away it will surely be something quite impressive.

The best we can do now is keep suggesting which items and publishers need to be added to the forums.

Plaag
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scribe wrote:
I think we are trying to work forward or backwards as it were, depending on your viewpoint. If you have those items or a catalog with a list of items, placeholders could always be added and filled in later as you suggest.

One problem with Heroic Worlds is that some items aren't even confirmed to exist to my knowledge. Another problem with Heroic World's lists is, well, its his list. You know what I mean? Sooner or later we will surpass the limitations of his list and hopefully most others for that matter. If we all keep plugging away it will surely be something quite impressive.

The best we can do now is keep suggesting which items and publishers need to be added to the forums.

Yeah, know what you mean.

As for catalogs listing items, have almost all the catalogs through Judges Guild and they list a lot of products from various companies and miniatures as well.
Only thing is numbers got assigned to things that may not be the actual numbers given to products. But anyhow I shall see what I can do. I have an OCR program, don't think it'll be to hard to create a list. (course I say that now Very Happy )

ShaneG.

Mars
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm middle road on this whole subject. In the research forum aspect, all that really needs to be added is the company name - individual items will get added when listed.

On the same note, I really do wonder how many items listed in HW were not actually produced. Sacrifice to the Orc Lord by The Companions is one. Another good example is all the items by a company called Role-Players around 1987. This were written by Dave Graves (also part of Varanae) and were never published. They were more or less written but never published.

beasterbrook
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the "vapourware" added in the varios sections.. for example a seperate listing for Role-players, the list of items that were supposed to be produced and the source for the item not existing.. ie "spoke to the writer" Also other details like the existance being noted in HW etc. It's good to know that these things don't exist as well as existing....

Brette:)

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same day service! It's under "A" in the RPG section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> RPG General Provisioner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: