Tome of Treasures :: View topic - IFW Supplements

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

IFW Supplements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Federation of Wargaming (IFW) -> International Wargamer Supplement (IFW)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: IFW Supplements Reply with quote

This completes the items in my collection. All these supplements were printed in addition to the magazine as a parallel printed source of all the club news. The trick we now have is trying to determine approximately when this supplement first started to appear so that we can best as possible assemble a list of what is needed for research.

Our Increment points out in the March 1970 issue of the International Wargamer:
Quote:
Oh, and by the by, the "mimeo section" was what they called the IW Supplement shortly after the IW went to offset printing (at which point club business and so on was promptly deemed unworthy of the expense of offset, and thus relegated to a continuing mimeograph section)

So there is mention of this supplement at least a couple of months before my last issue. The first photo-offset issue was December 1969. As Increment suggests, the club news abruptly ends with the November 1969 issue. So there is only a brief window left open that these supplements were likely printed and missing from our research forum.

Following is a brief list of some supplements that I suspect exist....

April 1970

March 1970 The only one that I am certain exists as it is mentioned in the International Wargamer issue.

February 1970

January 1970

December 1969

increment
Cataloguer
Cataloguer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dec 1969 IW also directly attests the existence of its mimeo section; see the editorial right inside the cover. That same text suggests strongly that the mimeo section originated with this issue. Exactly when they started calling these things the IW Supplement, that I can't say.

I wish I could fill in the blanks here, but your collection of Supplements is a superset of mine by a wide margin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Wargamer Supplement (IFW) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: