Tome of Treasures :: View topic - International Wargamer, vol. 4 no. 8 (August 1971)

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

International Wargamer, vol. 4 no. 8 (August 1971)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Federation of Wargaming (IFW) -> International Wargamer 1970's (IFW)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

increment
Cataloguer
Cataloguer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: International Wargamer, vol. 4 no. 8 (August 1971) Reply with quote

Title: International Wargamer, vol. 4 no. 8, August 1971
Type: Wargaming Club zine
Copyright: By the International Federation of Wargaming, August 1971
Managing Editor-in-Chief: John Bobek
Consulting Editors: Don Featherstone, Gary Gygax, Lenard Lakofka, Thomas Shaw, Richard Warnick
Advertising Sales Director: Kevin Knudson
Art Editor: Donald Lowry
Illustrations: Henry Krigsman, Lenard Lakofka, Donald Lowry, Pat Mayernik, Carl Mueller, Mark Nyderek, John Bobek (cover by Lowry)
Production & Publication Editor: Lenard Lakofka
Assistant Editors: Lenard Lakofka, Gerald White, Kevin Slimak, Tim Tilson, Jay Richardson, Jon Pickens, Jim Grant, Richard Warnick, Charles O'Drobinak, George Phillies, Jack an Schaik, Mike Larson
Contributing Editors: David Arneson, Stuart Gilbert, Sid Jolly, Henry Krigsman, Carl Mueller, Rich Warnick, Jay Richardson, John Lundstrom, Rusty Smith, Lewis Pulsipher, Willard Lichty, J.E. Pournelle PhD*, Robert Mijanovich*, Tyrone Bomba*, Ken Burke, Mike Reese, Paul Jameson, Jim Dapkus, George Phillies, Tom Webster, Pat Romane, Frank Curtis, Stephen Thomas, George Lord, Larry Albert*, Peter Danner, Mark Irwin, Don Lowry, Pat Mayernik, Mike Carr, Lou Zocchi, A.W. Macintyre, Jeff Perren, Leon Tucker, Bruce Miller, James Lurvey, Arnold J. Hendrick*, Lenard Lakfoka*, E. Gary Gygax*
* denotes columnist
Place of Publication: Evansville, Indiana
Printer: Lowry's Hobbies
Cover Price: $.60
Mass: ?
Dimensions: Height 28cm, Width 21.6cm, Depth .2cm
Format: Full sized, Light cardstock cover (light blue), 20 pages including covers printed front and back. 3 staples.

Contents:
I.W. REVIEW, LUFTWAFFE by Tyrone Bomba
…and additions by Bob Mijanovich
PRELUDE TO DUNKIRK, by Don Lowry
CHAINMAIL, Review & Additions by Lenard Lakofka
The Design of Games of Strategy by J.E. Pournelle
Don’t give up the Ship (2) by D. Arneson & G. Gygax
Realm of the INCAS, conclusion by John Lundstrom
I.W. REVIEW, GRUNT by Jay Richardson
DIPLOMACY FORUM by Len Lakofka
NAPOLEONIC GRAND TACTICS (3) by Pat Mayernik

Advertisements of interest:
Castle & Crusade DOMESDAY BOOK (Gary Gygax's IFW Society ad. On p7)
THE COURIER (wargaming magazine subscription offer touted in this issue as "America's Newest Miniature Wargaming Magazine" )
AFV-G2 (Monthly magazine subsciption offer for Armour buffs. Contacts in California and Great Britian)
Wargamer’s Newsletter (Featherstone)
Nathan R. Preston & co (of Bamberg, W Germany, books and naval miniatures)
Militaria (Bi-monthly military publication for military collectibles. by DO Enterprises in California)
Ad for “Guerrilla War” by UTR Enterprises
NEBULA 19 (touted as a simulation of interstellar warfare. Contact to Harry M. Mishler in California – on rear cover)

Rear Cover:

Inky's inklings: Chainmail –Review- is by Lakofka, -Additions- is attributed to Gygax. Contains rules for Giants, a chart for “individual fires with missiles”. Some other “optional rules” in this article have an unclear attribution; probably Lakofka.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock out

I found these two lost issues! I now remember why I set the aside but haven't a clue as to how they found there way into a stray box. I removed them specifically because I found them to be intriguing. Particulary with the bits in the them about Castle & Crusade society and Domesday Book advertisement. This issue is particularly interesting because it contains one of the two rules summaries and additions published by IFW for Gary Gygax's and Jeff Perrin's CHAINMAIL.

Increment's writeup on this issue is excellent. I would only like to add that the other Chainmail article is in the January 1972 issue of International Wargamer. The advertisement for C&C society is one of 3 that I have noticed in issues. The one in this article is identical to the one found in the July 1971 issue....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> International Wargamer 1970's (IFW) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: