Tome of Treasures :: View topic - The Planescape Sketchbook (1994)

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

The Planescape Sketchbook (1994)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> AD&D -> Planescape
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: The Planescape Sketchbook (1994) Reply with quote

Title: The Planescape Sketchbook. A Journey Through the World of Planescape
Item Code: n/a
Type: Conceptual sketchbook for Planescape Setting
Copyright: 1994 TSR Inc.
Authors: Dana Knutson
Artwork: Dana Knutson, Robh Ruppel
Cartography: n/a
Place of Publication: USA
Printer: n/a
Format: 32 page booklet, stapled (2), slick white paper w/ dark brown/mauve/copper ink. Interior pages are a fancy buff/natural white with slight brown flecks
ISBN: n/a
Cover Price: n/a
Mass: 132g
Dimensions: length 27.8cm, width 21.6cm, thickness .3cm

Rear cover:

================================================

Scribe's musings:

I believe this was produced by Dana himself to be sold in a small quantity at conventions by Dana himself as a starter. The story goes that he couldn't give them away and the production of these promptly ceased. Reportedly, I understand there were only 80 +/- of these sold at only 2 conventions GenCon East and Euro-GenCon. These were never offered for sale anywhere else. All of this information comes along courtesy of Dana Knutson himself but does not appear as such inside of this publication.

In some ways this item resembles those conceptual books produced in support of a popular movie. It has typical settings, scenes, and architecture along with typical costume, creatures and other inhabitants. It even includes a section showing rejected logos and the final logo development. I wonder how well Planescape would fair as a movie.

An interesting tidbit from the sketchbook...... "Planescape was an idea originally conceived by Slade Henson back in the spring of 1990. It was rejected at the time in favor of another world known as the DARKSUN Campaign. In the Summer of 1993 after working only nine months at TSR I began my first sketches on the revived world."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Planescape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: