Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Thieves' Guild Reference Binder

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Thieves' Guild Reference Binder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Gamelords -> Thieves' Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Thieves' Guild Reference Binder Reply with quote

Title: Thieves' Guild Reference Binder
Item Code: n/a
Type: Supplement for the Thieves' Guild system
Copyright: 1980
Author(s): n/a
Artwork: Janet Trautvetter
Place of Publication: n/a
Printer: n/a
Format: 3-ring binder with label
ISBN: n/a
Cover Price: n/a
Mass: 538g
Dimensions: length 29.4cm, width 25.9cm, thickness 4cm
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The 1980 copyright date is from the cover art. The binder is mentioned in the advertisement for the 1st print Thieves' Guild. It is unknown if this sample was issued from Gamelords or a label added to a binder at a later date. More samples of the binder are needed. This binder was manufactured by the Quill Corporation with the product number 14V14.

grodog
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Thieves' Guild Reference Binder Reply with quote

tfm wrote:
The 1980 copyright date is from the cover art. The binder is mentioned in the advertisement for the 1st print Thieves' Guild. It is unknown if this sample was issued from Gamelords or a label added to a binder at a later date. More samples of the binder are needed. This binder was manufactured by the Quill Corporation with the product number 14V14.

I can check this when I get home from CA.
grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
http://www.black-blade-publishing.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Plaag
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the red binder..I believe the sticker was supplied separate but I can't recall where I learned that (i.e. what forum :) ) But mine does have attached at any rate.

ShaneG.

grodog
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My binder is brown, not red, FWIW. May be home-made, though, too.
grodog@gmail.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Plaag
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partial image of my binder.

ShaneG.

tfm
Tome Crew
Tome Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside, lower right, on my copy is "Quill Corporation 14V14." Does that company/number match with anyone?

Plaag
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfm wrote:
Inside, lower right, on my copy is "Quill Corporation 14V14." Does that company/number match with anyone?

Yep, on the pocket of the back cover.

ShaneG.

grodog
Academician
Academician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lost a detailed reply. I hate that. OK, here we go again:

• my folder is definitely brown, from Cardinal per the "water markings" on the insider left front cover
  • my sticker is not placed well (has a wrinkle across it from ~2.5-3" up from the bottom)---perhaps done at home, since the stickers were sold separately?
  • My copy at hand is the one with the price printed on it, which I took to be a 2nd printing vs. the one without the price (Tadashi has that one at the moment); my copy has the Silk Street adventure map, but perhaps not the legend (my map was way in the back, though, so perhaps I missed the legend sheet??)
  • Is it possible that there's a printing difference for what I'm calling 1st, lacking the price sticker, with another indicator being the binder? My first was bought as part of a different lot without a binder at all, so I'm wondering if the 2nd printings with the price sticker were more likely to have been sold with binders?
  • Perhaps also of note, many of the early pages in TG1 have correction stickers pasted atop them, that appear to be professionally printed vs. typewriter. Anyone else have those?

grodog@gmail.com

Plaag
Librarian
Librarian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grodog wrote:
Just lost a detailed reply. I hate that. OK, here we go again:

• my folder is definitely brown, from Cardinal per the "water markings" on the insider left front cover
  • my sticker is not placed well (has a wrinkle across it from ~2.5-3" up from the bottom)---perhaps done at home, since the stickers were sold separately?
  • My copy at hand is the one with the price printed on it, which I took to be a 2nd printing vs. the one without the price (Tadashi has that one at the moment); my copy has the Silk Street adventure map, but perhaps not the legend (my map was way in the back, though, so perhaps I missed the legend sheet??)
  • Is it possible that there's a printing difference for what I'm calling 1st, lacking the price sticker, with another indicator being the binder? My first was bought as part of a different lot without a binder at all, so I'm wondering if the 2nd printings with the price sticker were more likely to have been sold with binders?
  • Perhaps also of note, many of the early pages in TG1 have correction stickers pasted atop them, that appear to be professionally printed vs. typewriter. Anyone else have those?

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=687
Stickers came with TG #4 so that the page numbers could be changed for chronological order.

As for binder and what printing/when it appeared, I swear I've read this someplace..perhaps an ad in Dragon.

However the $9.95 1st one was around till TG#3, TG#4 has it changed to $11.95..so could be a $2 change for the binder, or just because #1 is more pages.

ShaneG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Thieves' Guild All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: